Monday, October 31, 2005

Never in My WILDEST Dreams...

Notice anything funky with the blog banner, anyone? Yes. I am here with a Halloween report of the most insane example of trick-or-treat ever.

I went to a new RE today, for my 8 millionth second-opinion appointment. When I scheduled it back in JUNE, I was irritated that there were no available appointments till Ocotber, but figured, "oh what the hell, I'll probably still be infertile by then." I was a teensy bit spooked that the day they offered was Halloween, and I even joked about it with the receptionist; she had no sense of humor and said something like, "well if you don't take that slot, she can't see you till 2008." So, I took the appointment and I went today.

The new RE was very nice. We had a long chat about what my problem might be, yada, yada. She was concerned about the size of my uterus and wanted to measure it. I said, you know this chemical pregnancy I'm having right now is really dragging out. I'd love it if you could give me some sense of where I am with that, while you're checking out everything else.

SO she gave me a physical, including a breast exam and a pap, poked around at my cervix, took a few uterine measurements through the speculum and then fired up the old ultrasound to confirm the manual measurements...whereupon there was not just a clear gestational sac but a HEARTBEAT!!!! And, a super-stat beta reveals that my HCG levels have done something like quadruple daily since last week. They're not perfect, but thery're literally 10 times higher than they were, rather than only 3.5 (which is what you;d expect from betas taken 7 days apart.)

We are in certified miracle territory here people. No one knows quite what to think. But my pulse is racing and I am, for the moment, beside myself with anxious delight. Happy Halloween Everyone.

21 comments:

Eggs Akimbo said...

Fantastic news...a miracle!

Cathy said...

Holy smokes - that's wonderful. Hoping all wonders continue for at least a good nine months.

tana said...

WOW! What a wonderful surprise. Wishing you a smooth road ahead!

Anonymous said...

NO EFFIN' WAY!! (not swearing, because there might be a CHILD in our midst). When I read the first line of this post, my eyes rushed rushed rushed through to the end. Could it be? That is one fantastic bit of news! I'm hoping hoping hoping praying praying praying that this will work out. Woweee!!

Lisa P. said...

Wow, this is great news! I will continue to keep you and this little one in my thoughts...

Susie said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Crossing everything for good things to happen... happy halloween!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news! Truly miraculous. I bet that RE was pleased to deliver such good news. Keep us all posted!!

Anonymous said...

I'm delurking to say WOW. Just WOW. That is an incredible story, and I hope things continue to go well for you!

PJ said...

Anne that is awesomely fantastic news. I bet you'll never forget this Halloween as long as you live and it's likely to become your favorite holiday.

Congratulations and a pinch to tell you you're not dreaming are definitely in order.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Hallelujah, Anne! This is incredible. I couldn't be happier about your miracle! I'm keeping you and your bean in my prayers for more good things to come....

April said...

Oh my gawwwwwwwddddddd.

I'm amazed. Wow. Just wow. What an incredibly amazing surprise.

Hoping everything here for you.

erinberry said...

Oh my God! How amazing!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Anne! Wow wow wow! So so so so hoping things continue in this wonderfully positive manner! Keeping all my crossables crossed and locked!

Anonymous said...

HOLY ?!@#!!! This is amazing. I am so excited and hopeful for you.

DeadBug said...

That is...astonishing. I am thrilled to the bone for you. What an incredible, unbelievable surprise.

All the best,
Bugs

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a little fighter on your hands! I couldn't be happier that you're still in the game...what absolutely delicious news!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!

my thoughts and prayers are with you and that little heartbeat!

Anonymous said...

And they say miracles only happen at Christmas....

Congratulations on your Halloween miracle! This delurker is stunned and hopeful!

*Kier*

Julie said...

OMG! Wow wow woooooie! That is just incredibly wonderful. And The Great Pumpkin did thus appear, for thou art experiencing miracles. Congrats, and good luck. What a practical joker, that little bean. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! De-lurking to say the exact same thing happened to me. I hope you have the same luck I did - my daughter is now 4.

Anne said...

Thanks to all for your awesome comments and all your support. I truly do not think I would be in one piece without all of you. I love Pixi's comment that we can't curse cause there could be a CHILD in the room. And Julie's Great Pumpkin remark made me grin. I totally watched that special every single year without fail when I was a kid. Extra thanks to all the brave delurkers--it's really great to get to know you--and especially to the been-here-through-thick-and-thin folks. You know who you are and I so appreciate you.