Friday, February 20, 2009

Trying to Keep from Cracking

Well, I went in to get wanded this morning and the news is decidely mixed. I am 5 weeks 1 day today. There was a visible amniotic sac measuring 4 weeks 5 days and a yolk sac measuring 5 weeks 2 days. Dr. Cookie Pie said the yolk sac had a "hat" ( a tiny white line on the border that indicated early growth of the fetal pole) and that such a line does not develop before 5 weeks 2 days. She said that the am sac measurement was within the margin of error and that I just should not worry. But I feel like I am going to crack from anxiety. I am sitting here pecking at my mobile device and trying not to cry. I just don't know how to keep enduring these losses. Worst of all, I can't go in again until 3/3 because she is away next Friday and Monday. So next scan will be at 6 weeks 5 days (unless I start to bleed first).

3 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

I am sorry to hear about the mixed news and about the long wait until the next U/S. I hope that on 3/3 you find that everything is perfect, and that you worried for nothing.

Until then, take care.

Amanda said...

Here from LFCA

I have hope and faith that the doctor is right and there's no reason to worry!!

But of course you're going to worry, that's normal. I had a billion ultrasounds in the beginning due to a risk of ectopic. First u/s they didn't see anything. Second u/s there was one sac measuring behind and a fuzzy one that wasn't going to make it. At the third u/s there were two sacs with two somethings in it measuring behind. Finally sometime during my 7th week there were two babies measuring where they were supposed to.

Annie said...

I've had mixed results from u/s too and it is so scary. It is impossible not to worry and waiting for another u/s is sooo tough. I hope that everything with your baby is okay and that at your next u/s you find that everything is looking just as it should and on schedule (((hugs)))