Monday, April 18, 2005

Thinking-of-England Sex

Well, folks, it's cycle day 10 here, which means it is that time again already. To say that I am hopefulanxiousscaredapprehensiveexcitedoptimisticpessimistic does not begin to capture the psychological meltdown I'm heading towards as we get set to try. We had one last lovely carefree romp yesterday. Now the real work begins. Is there any drudgery more dispiriting, undignified, downright anxiety-producing, and all-out awful than conception sex after prolonged infertility and loss? From here on out, I’m going to be about as sensual as the brides told by Queen Victoria to "lie still and think of England." Except I'll be lying still and thinking of children. I will keep you posted…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, good luck, good luck, good luck! Now that I think about it, chore-sex really doesn't sound like much fun. The method I have to use is basically the equivalent of getting a pap smear. I tend to bitch and whine about how lucky people are who get to have a roll in the hay instead of sticking their feet in the stirrups. But I guess the up side is at least a normally-fun activity isn't being contaminated by choreness. Yours must be like being force-fed ice cream until you hate the sight of it. Mine is just like having a monthly serving of broccoli.

Anyway, very very very good luck.

Sandi said...

Good luck. My heart goes out to you in this trying time.

Anne said...

Many thanks for these sweet wods of encouragement.